This document describes how we handle data & information collected from you whilst visiting & making use of our website.
2. Security of Your Information
When storing personally identifiable information and payment information in our database/s, we encrypt some sensitive data such as passwords. Such data is retained for as long as we are obligated to by law in providing the services requested.
Should any of our databases be compromised resulting in your personal information being unlawfully disclosed, we will advise you via e-mail & advise you on the steps required to protect your personal information.
We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any other person other than:
- when required to do so by law
- to a person or company who acquires our business
- third parties who perform services on our behalf that you request (such as payment processing gateways), subject to the third party complying with POPI, GDPR or EU-US Privacy Shield
3. Collected Information:
When you send personally identifying information to us via e-mail, this information is used to assist us in gathering the information you may request on our products. Information you submit may be viewed by various people within batt-tech.co.za to provide you with the information you have requested. Once received, the information in your email is protected in accordance with law.
4. Clients Ordering Products
In registering for & making use of our website you will have to provide us with personally identifiable information to enable us to provide you with the requests products. The information you provide will be entered into our database.
Your Personal Data may Include:
- name and surname
- email address
- telephone number
- company name, company registration number & VAT number
- postal or street address
- username and password
5. Information Collected and Stored Automatically:
When you visit our web site we automatically collect and store the following non-identifying information:
- Internet protocol (IP) address from which you are accessing our web site.
- Type of web browser (FireFox, Chrome, Edge) utilised in the site visit & operating system (Windows, Linux, Android, MacOS, iOS) the browser is running on.
- Date, time & duration of visit/s to our site, for the purpose of traffic and statistical monitoring.
- Pages visited, this assists us improving our content & the relevance thereof.
This information is used to improve our site & it’s content presented to visitors by learning the number of visitors, the number of pages served. We do not track or record information about identifiable individuals and their visits.
6. Payment Gateways
batt-tech.co.za may present the option to clients for payment of products through payment gateways. Payment gateways do not require us to store your payment particulars in our database hence we will not ask you for you banking account details or card information. Payment particulars are entered & controlled by the payment gateway you have chosen to make use of.
7. 3rd Party Links
Cookies are small text files that most websites on the internet store on your device and use to improve your overall experience.
If you do not wish for cookie to be stored, one can reject cookies at browser level. The process is slightly different for each browser. Please do note that cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features on our website, and thus if you disable the cookies on your web browser you may not be able to use those features, and your access to our website will therefore be limited.
9. Google reCAPTCHA
10. Google Web Fonts
11. Website Analytics
11. Children’s Privacy
Our services are not available to children under the age of 18, and we will therefore not intentionally maintain information about anyone under the age of 18.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.
13. Unauthorised Disclosure
We cannot accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosure of your personal data by third parties who are not subject to our control.
14. Amendment of Policy